Tags: clean, colon, digestive, disease, drugs, epsom, epson, friends, guy, health, intestine, knows, medications, reg, salts, saying, stomach, stuff, tonight

epsom salts??

On Health & Drugs & Medications » stomach,intestine & Digestive disease

1,986 words with 5 Comments; publish: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 06:58:00 GMT; (90093.75, « »)

Ok i was at a friends tonight and he was saying a guy he knows reg takes epson (epsom??) salts to clean out his colon!! i always thought this stuff was for baths lol..anyone heard of this?

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 5 Comments
    • Epsom salts can be used as a laxative or can be used in an enema (2 table spoons in 1 quart of warm water.It is supposed to sooth and clean the colon,this is what I use.I don't think that I could drink epsom salts mixed with water,it would probable make me vomit.Good luck with whatever you try.Keep posted
      #1; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:02:00 GMT
    • ok u said to take with water but then u said u couldnt drink it it wwould make u sick so how do u do it then?ive heard it can be dangerous to ur body but know nothing about it.
      #2; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:03:00 GMT
    • Espom salts is magnesium sulfate is an Osmotic agent laxative that promotes secretion of water into the colon-- resulting in BM.

This type of laxative is one of the safest for occational use. But, like all laxatives if they are used more than occational --they can result in dependancy.

Other names in this category are Milk of Magnesia, Citrate of Magnesia, lactulose that is a prescription med sold under various brand names.

This type laxative differs from the stimulating type of laxative.

Epson salt is taken in water and is not pleasant tasting -- it really is sorta nasty tasting- but very effective !!!

#3; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:04:00 GMT
    • hayley0610

I didn't mean to imply that if drinking epsom salts and water would make every one vomit,I said that it would probably make me vomit.I use epsom salts as an enema.Two tablespoons of salts in a quart of water.This promotes an almost instant BM and soothes the colon also,just don'get to using enemas too much,they can be habit forming.I hope that this cleared things up a bit.

#4; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:05:00 GMT
    • I"ve taken epsom salts enemas before and found them to be very efective, I take enemas on fairly regular basis and use epsom salt if I need a really need good results, don't be affraid to use them if that's what your looking for, cause they work very well, good luck.
      #5; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:06:00 GMT